Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Horses are expensive!!!

So when I was growing up, I never really had to worry about the costs of my horses since my parents took care of all of that for the most part. How NICE of them! Now, I am 27 so I know how the real world is and I know how much things cost, but geez the initial cost of the horse is NOTHING compared to the maintenance/extras.

Here is an idea of what I ("I" really means my husband and I)have had to spend so far (this is just for informational purposes, so dont judge me!):

Dec. 9, 2010

  • Vet Check including farm call and x-rays-$560
  • Coggins (test to check for EIA-a disease)-$35
Dec. 10, 2010
  • Purchased Santana-$800
  • Purchased used Henri de Rivel Saddle and Girth-$600
  • Cost to haul Santana to Trinity River Farm (home for her)-$60
  • Pro-rated board for the month of December-$218.50
Dec. 11, 2010
  • Farrier (trim and shoe feet) service (thanks Nelle!)-$150
  • Lunge Line, Bell Boots and Saddle Pad (equipment)-$68
Dec. 26, 2010
  • Blanket-$130
This brings us to a grand total of $2621.50 in only 19 days!


And just for a cute picture, Santana in her new blanket last night:


No comments:

Post a Comment